Each school that participates in the CAPA Marquee Awards will register to have their musical evaluated between October 15, 2020-April 18, 2021 by a team of three adjudicators.
Evaluations will consist of providing educationally-focused feedback and scoring and will be completed through an online system. All returning adjudicators will be required to attend an orientation session on either Tuesday, September 17, 2020 or Wednesday, September 23, 2020 from 6-7:30 pm. All new adjudicators will be required to attend a training session on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at the Ohio Theatre which will provide guidance on how to fairly evaluate each production on its own merits. Adjudicators will be paid an honorarium of $50.00 per show. The number of shows adjudicated will be based on several factors including the number of participating high schools and the total number of adjudicators.
Become an Adjudicator
We are looking to recruit new adjudicators with backgrounds in education, music, theatre, dance, and related fields for the 2020-2021 CAPA Marquee Awards.
Qualities of an ideal Adjudicator:
- Ability to adjudicate productions during the adjudication period from October 15, 2020 – April 18, 2021
- Ability to provide constructive and positive written feedback
- Ability to recognize potential bias/conflicts of interest and to recuse oneself from those productions/students
- Ability to score fairly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Background/Experience in the performing arts
- Enthusiasm for high school musical theatre
- Responsible and conscientious
- Reliable transportation
- Access to consistent and reliable internet service