Each school that participates in the CAPA Marquee Awards will register to have their musical evaluated by a team of three adjudicators.
Evaluations will consist of providing educationally-focused feedback and scoring and will be completed through an online system. All adjudicators are required to attend a training session which will provide guidance on how to fairly evaluate each production on its own merits. New adjudicators must also successfully complete a training adjudication before they will serve as a production adjudicator.
Adjudicators will be paid an honorarium of $50 per show. The number of shows will be based on several factors including the number of participating high schools and the total number of adjudicators.
Become an Adjudicator
We are looking to recruit a diverse group of adjudicators with backgrounds in education, music, theatre, dance, and related fields for the 21-22 CAPA Marquee Awards.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL ADJUDICATOR
- Ability to adjudicate productions during the adjudication period from October 7, 2021 – April 9, 2022
- Ability to provide constructive and positive written feedback
- Ability to recognize potential bias/conflicts of interest and to recuse oneself from those productions/students
- Ability to score fairly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Background/Experience in the performing arts
- Enthusiasm for high school musical theatre
- Responsible and conscientious
- Reliable transportation
- Access to consistent and reliable internet service